Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday, July 4

I realized this afternoon when I talked to David that I misspoke about the name of the town they're staying in tonight for the 4th of July - Republic is the proper name. I knew it was something patriotic!

The guys made it safely to their destination by mid-afternoon today. They toyed with the idea of going further, but the next stopping point was 70 miles down the road with quite a bit of climbing in between, so they decided to call it a day. They were going to hit a pizza parlor for dinner and then head to bed early. If that place offered an all-you-can-eat buffet, they lost money on their deal tonight!

David joked that Bill keeps pushing the limit on the definition of "starting early." Since they were getting to bed nice and early tonight, Bill wanted to be up by 3:30am and on the road by 4am. I guess we'll see if he wins out on that one!

No comments: